This Hue Journey is an intensive skill-building experience. The program will significantly improve facilitative leadership capabilities in the context of coalition work, develop facilitation methods, and provide a fun learning environment. Participants will be part of a learning community and support system lasting long beyond the five cohort intensives.
Angie Asa-Lovstad and Karie Terhark, your guides on this Journey, have over 25-years of combined experience leading community coalitions in the drug and alcohol prevention scope. Together they have also led state-wide collaboration using tools that will be taught in the Prevention Leaders Cohort to ensure coalition members are included in every step of the process, organically creating buy-in and sustainability.
HUE Prevention Leaders Cohort is a 15-month commitment. We meet two times each month (or 6 times per quarter) via Zoom.
Prevention Leadership Means:
- Create a shared vision with stakeholders and collectively develop long-term and short-term goals.
- Empower your stakeholders to carry out the plan that keeps people engaged to follow through.
- Establish an evaluation practice with accountability within the teams to be responsive to a changing environment.
- Build confidence in leading groups of stakeholders and community members.
- Develop self as a transformational leader and use data to create shared awareness around community issues.
- Develop your team, empower coalition members, and leverage the personal passion of each member.
The HUE Prevention Leaders Cohort Instills:
- Principles of human understanding and engagement.
- Applied leadership theory by the instructors and the participants.
- Effective utilization of facilitation tools, methods, and processes.
- Personal appreciation for practice and feedback.
- Awareness of and response to individual and group dynamics.
- Strategy implementation for success in a specific context and group.
- Racial equity lens while implementing the coalition prevention framework.