PREVENTION LEADERS COHORT – A HUE JOURNEY
The Prevention Leaders Cohort was created by leaders in the prevention field for leaders in the prevention field. This Hue Journey is an intensive skill-building experience. The program will significantly improve facilitative leadership capabilities, deepen knowledge of various facilitation methods, and provide a fun learning environment. Participants also build a learning community and a support system that will last long beyond the course intensives.
This journey is led by Angie Asa-Lovstad and Karie Terhark. Angie and Karie have over 25years of combined experience leading community coalitions in the drug and alcohol prevention scope.They have worked together to lead a state-wide collaboration using tools that included members in every step of the process organically creating buy-in and sustainability.
The program is laid out over a five-quarter period, meeting virtually one day a month.
WHAT YOU GAIN
• Create a shared vision with stakeholders and collectively develop long-term and short-term goals.
• Empower your stakeholders to carry out the plan that keeps people engaged to follow through.
• Establish an evaluation practice with accountability within the teams to be responsive to a changing environment.
• Build confidence in leading groups of stakeholders and community members.
• Develop self as a transformational leader and use data to create shared awareness around community issues.
• Develop your team, empower coalition members, and leverage the personal passion of each member.
LEARNING APPROACH AND OBJECTIVES
• Theoretical concepts and presentations by both the instructors and the participants
• Demonstration of practical tools, methods, and processes
• Opportunities for practice and feedback
• Greater awareness of individual and group dynamics
• Ability to integrate methods within current organization systems
• Mastering authentic engagement principles
Now taking 2021-2022 Prevention Leaders Cohort III registrations!
October 20: 9am-4pm
Intensive II (2022)
January 19: 9am-4pm
February 16: 9am-4pm
Intensive III (2022)
April 20: 9am-4pm
May 18: 9am-4pm
June 15: 9am-4pm
Intensive IV (2022)
July 20: 9am-4pm
August 17: 9am-4pm
September 21: 9am-4pm
Intensive V (2022)
October 19: 9am-4pm
November 16: 9am-4pm
December 21: 9am-4pm
$5,000 per participant
(payment options available)
ALL COURSES WILL BE TAUGHT VIRTUALLY!
Intensive 1: Discovering Yourself ASSESSMENT
• Be an effective leader
• Discover self through assessment
• Facilitate conversations with stakeholders and community
• Communicate data effectively
Intensive 2: Developing Teams
• Develop your WHY and align personal WHY to organization
• Facilitate virtual brainstorming to build shared themes
• Develop shared agreements with stakeholders
Intensive 3: Leading from within
• Solicit the voice to form the goals
• Avoid mission drift
• Establish WHAT needs to be done
Intensive 4: Motivating Action IMPLEMENTATION
• Motivate teams to stay on course
• Align expectations with your plan
• Coordinate HOW it will be done
Intensive 5: Sustaining Success EVALUATION
• Facilitate learning and reflection
• Adjust your plans
• Tell your story
Get Event Notifications
We frequently add new courses and free events, such as Communities of Practice. Join our list to stay up to date!