Mastering ToP® is a year-long intensive skill-building experience from the Institute of Cultural Affairs Technology of Participation taught by certified HueLife trainers. Deepen your knowledge and have fun while learning new tools, processes and applications for engagement and facilitation methods. Your cohort of peers will become a network of support for years to come! Register now. Popularly known as MToP, the program includes experiential learning to transform your facilitation practice.
1- Four Learning Intensives: Each quarter, MToP cohorts meet in-person for three days of experiential development:
- Intensive 1 – Facilitating Depth Reflection: Learn to design participatory experiences through methods for focused conversations, historical trends analysis and image or brand change.
- Intensive 2 – Facilitating Consensus Building: Refine the skills required to guide a group from divergence or conflict to convergent thinking and shared agreement.
- Intensive 3 – Orchestrating Group Action: Co-Facilitate an action planning session with a cohort member to help a local non-profit establish a new pathway to success in a change initiative.
- Intensive 4 – Designing for Transformative Change: Learn to design memorable events, produce sustainable plans and integrate additional theories and activities to lead change.
2- Hands-On Field Experience: Practice implementing methods between intensives to develop personal style and achieve core competencies:
- Apply the spectrum of ToP methods to personal and professional work.
- Develop a theme and participatory presentation for a personal inquiry project exploring the impact of your greatest passion as a facilitator.
- Deepen learning with study materials such as the MToP Handbook, The Art of Focused Conversation and The Workshop Book.
- Participate in an additional group to earn certification as a ToP® facilitator.
3- Group Mentoring: Participate in small group progress updates with peers and a mentor from the HueLife training team between sessions:
- Share experiences designing a diverse array of events en vivo.
- Participate in joint facilitation with mentor and peer observation.
- Share feedback to foster growth and insight from mentor facilitators.
Note: ToP Facilitation Methods and Strategic Planning are prerequisites