A year-long training ideal for individuals who want to develop core competencies as a facilitator and transformational leader through quarterly intensives, field work and mentoring.
Mastering ToP® is a year-long intensive skill-building experience from the Institute of Cultural Affairs Technology of Participation taught by certified HueLife trainers. Deepen your knowledge and have fun while learning new tools, processes and applications for engagement and facilitation methods. Your cohort of peers will become a network of support for years to come! Register now. Popularly known as MToP, the program includes experiential learning to transform your facilitation practice.
Participants will Engage in:
1- Four Learning Intensives: Each quarter, MToP cohorts meet in-person for three days of experiential development:
- Intensive 1 – Facilitating Depth Reflection: Learn to design participatory experiences through methods for focused conversations, historical trends analysis and image or brand change.
- Intensive 2 – Facilitating Consensus Building: Refine the skills required to guide a group from divergence or conflict to convergent thinking and shared agreement.
- Intensive 3 – Orchestrating Group Action: Co-Facilitate an action planning session with a cohort member to help a local non-profit establish a new pathway to success in a change initiative.
- Intensive 4 – Designing for Transformative Change: Learn to design memorable events, produce sustainable plans and integrate additional theories and activities to lead change.
2- Hands-On Field Experience: Practice implementing methods between intensives to develop personal style and achieve core competencies:
- Apply the spectrum of ToP methods to personal and professional work.
- Develop a theme and participatory presentation for a personal inquiry project exploring the impact of your greatest passion as a facilitator.
- Deepen learning with study materials such as the MToP Handbook, The Art of Focused Conversation and The Workshop Book.
- Participate in an additional group to earn certification as a ToP® facilitator.
3- Group Mentoring: Participate in small group progress updates with peers and a mentor from the HueLife training team between sessions:
- Share experiences designing a diverse array of events en vivo.
- Participate in joint facilitation with mentor and peer observation.
- Share feedback to foster growth and insight from mentor facilitators.
Note: ToP Facilitation Methods and Strategic Planning are prerequisites
New! Watch the Mastering ToP® Video from the 2019-2020 Cohort:
PROGRAM MEETING DATES
Minneapolis MN 2023-2024 MToP Courses
Related Content Downloads
- Corporate and Large Non-Profits (budget more than $5 million): $6,500.00
- Public Government: $5,550.00
- Individual Professionals and Mid-Sized Non-Profits (budget $1-$5 million): $5,050.00
- Students and Small Non-Profits (budget less than $1 million): $4,050.00
Payment plan options available
NOTE: Attending every intensive is necessary for the completion of the program.
Learning is a journey of exploration and growth. When that journey is designed with intention and purpose, it fosters a transformation that unlocked new unrealized potential. Through working with HueLife, I’ve been on a journey; a journey of carefully crafted training and coaching that’s bringing about personal and professional transformations.
“We worked with HueLife to facilitate two separate discussions for our Board of Directors. Each topic was broad, and required critical thinking, knowledge and patience to execute successfully. I am pleased with the work their team completed to prepare and execute each session. We accomplished more than what was anticipated, and I would highly recommend their team!”
“These are smart and creative professionals who know what they are doing, I have enjoyed getting to know and work with several of these associates.”
Hue Life is a first rate consulting and engagement firm led by professionals skilled in the art of active listening and independent and honest feedback. Highly recommended.